9th day post-op!!

Welcome! Welcome! It has been almost 3 years since I posted on this blog. The last time was to document our move to Phoenix from Minneapolis. I am reviving this to update friends and family on my recovery from spinal fusion.

Today is the 9th day after my fusion surgery. It is going well so far. For the most part, the pain has been what I was expecting. Tuesday and Wednesday both gave me a run for my money. But other than those it has been fairly good.

The two images below show the condition I have. It is bi-lateral pars defects. In the first image you see a small crack in the vertebrae a little to the right of center. In the second image you see the cross-section of the spine looking down. That isn't an image of my personal x-ray but it gives you a good idea.








The image below here shows the procedure I had done. It is a transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion. It took the surgeon about 3 hours to do after we spent about 1 hour in pre-op.




9 days out and I feel good that this will work and I will be back to normal again. Below is an image from my vision/inspiration wall. I hope to get back to being active with the fam in the next few months. The entire recovery will be about one year.





Thank you for reading. I will have more updates coming.


Dan

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dan, you’ve been through a lot, that looks really painful! Thank you for updating the blog and for letting us know what’s going on and how you’re doing, we’ve been concerned, praying, and now we will amp the prayers. God give you full and complete restoration of every fiber in your being, deliver you from fear, and flood your mind body and spirit to overflowing with his presence and his peace and all comfort in the name of Jesus. Love to you and Beth and Henry and Wyatt and Edy. I know This must be hard on everyone right now, but this too shall pass and God will deliver you in his goodness and grace and I’m His timing to the vision he is giving you. Love from the Yungers
4luvandlife said…
Thank you very much Dave!!

Popular posts from this blog

nowhere but up from here

First blood

lake in the sky