3 weeks post-op!!

Yesterday was 3 weeks since my fusion surgery! The surgeon had said it would take 4 weeks for me to stop wishing I hadn't done it. And he has been right so far! I am focused on Thursday the 24th when I will hit that 4 week mark. I am hoping for the pain to be down and mobility to start going up around then.

Mobility. The basic ability to move around. This is one thing that 8 years of back pain has made me appreciate. In the first week of recovery the pain was so high I would plan trips around the bedroom. If I wanted to put a movie in I would think about anything that I would need to bring with me or if there was something else that needed to be done in that area of the room. For example, there may be a load of laundry that needs to be folded and it is by the DVD player. Well, take 2 birds out during the trip to put a movie in. Plan on folding clothes when I put in the movie. No trip out of bed and across the room wasted, right?


To improve my mobility I have been walking 5 to 10 minutes every 2 to 3 hours. It was my goal to work up to a 1.2 mile round trip walk to the convenience store. I did that a few days ago and paid for it. I must have overdone it because the pain spiked that night and the following 2 days.


Along with pain, I also have a lot of free time right now. So I will be providing the service of reviews of movies, books, music, and podcasts along with my recovery updates. Music is helping me cope with pain and boredom. During his recovery David Letterman had Everlong by the Foo Fighters for inspiration. One of mine is Everyone Wants to Be Famous by Superorganism. Here is a link to the video it will make your day.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

but that was wisconsin

First blood

mellow start