what the back wants

some pretty inconsistent riding lately. maybe about 4 or 5 rides in the last couple of weeks. my back is trying to tell me to take it easy. the other morning it told me, "ease up, there is a lot of season coming, you and i should sit here and rest and when i am ready to really get going i will let you know". i did not argue because i know my back has had me sprawled out on the floor in pain before and i did not want to go there.

so my back is letting me plan on a time trial in Decorah this weekend. i hope to get a daily ride in this week to have some legs for that. also planning on a 50 mile race in Rochester on May 9th. i don't know what i was thinking to sign up for that (i think my longest race ever has been 15 or 16 miles) but i am looking forward to see how that goes.

Comments

JoshRLC said…
Ah, you're doing the Sandwich 50, huh? Nice! I'm not in, but it does have me interested. Looking at my schedule I didn't think I would have enough time. I might hit Elk River instead. Good luck! Take care of the back....
Andrew Forsberg said…
Good luck with your back! Back pain sucks.

Think about signing up for the Dakota Five-O this fall, I'm signed up and another guy Josh and I ride with - Pat - is also signed up. With any luck we'll get a few more people.

Popular posts from this blog

nowhere but up from here

First blood

Mother's Day revenge