Sweet 19




The old Trek 990 has had quite a time the past few weeks. She will be 19 years old in October and was still using her original components. The shifters had barely worked for years and the brakes took about a block to come to a stop. I thought it would be fun (and necessary in the case of the brakes) to put new components on. It took more money than I planned but I got the new components on and the old girl was looking good and running like a top. I took her out for her first ride and it was good to have shifting and brakes running well for the first time in about 10 years. I decided to see what she could do while coming out of a curve. I pushed down hard with my left foot and all of the sudden got way too intimate with the top tube. What the?!?! Came scraping to a stop with my foot and looked down to see a broken crank arm. So now the old 990 has a shiny new crank arm on the left side along with her shiny new brakes and shifters. She's pretty happy. Here she is before all of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

nowhere but up from here

First blood

Mother's Day revenge