the battle rages on

been in a bitter battle with old man winter the past week or 2. for some reason the same gloves that worked fine last year were not working. painful fingers on a few rides made me decide to give a pair of Gore gloves a go. the first ones i tried had me briefly wondering about frostbite about 30 minutes in. turned around and went home with plans on returning those to REI later in the day.

got some pearl izumi lobster gloves and i think i am all set to keep my fingers in March.

Comments

JoshRLC said…
Nice. How is the dexterity in the lobster gloves? I'm kind of a one-finger braking kind of guy and I'm wondering if the lobsters are hard to get used to.

BTW, I saw you got your bike overhauled. What did you end up getting done? How much (if you don't mind me asking) did it cost, and could you feel a difference when it was done? Anything interesting come up? I'd like to keep a mental log of these things for my own bike. Thanks.
4luvandlife said…
Hi Josh. The dexterity is good. I have only been on the bike path with them (no single track yet) but they were comfortable for movement and temp. I recommend them. They also make them where only the last 2 fingers are together, or the last 3 leaving a single finger for braking.

I wouldn't say I got an overhaul. I got my free tuneup from Erik's bike shop. You probably know you get a free one within a year of purchase. It looks pretty but I haven't ridden it yet. It was a pretty basic tuneup. Wheels are trued and brakes and deraillers are adjusted. I think that is about it. I am looking forward to getting her out there though.

While I was in there I did pick up a new front derailler and shifter and brake levers for my beater/path bike. It has original parts on it that are 19 years old. can't wait to get the new stuff on.

Popular posts from this blog

nowhere but up from here

First blood

Mother's Day revenge