First blood


Henry did his first mountain bike race at Elk River a couple of weeks ago. It was 3 miles. He has done a lot more than that at Theo plenty of times. The 3 miles at Hillside in Elk River was different though. It was a lot more climbing and roots than I expected. Henry had to walk quite a bit. When we walked the mosquitos would feast. It was rough on the little guy. He was tempted to quit (he even had some tears) but he kept at it and finished. It was another good reason to be proud of him on a pretty long list.

Henry said some funny stuff during the race. A couple of my favorites were, "I'm getting pretty dirty, maybe I should take a bath." and "I hope I get a scratch, that would be cool."

After the race he scored a digital camera from the drawing. He was very stoked. It was a good thing too it may have convinced him to give bike racing another try.

Comments

Anti-Supermom said…
That boy is pretty awesome ;)
Andrew Forsberg said…
Fantastic job by Henry. That's a tough course, particularly for a novice rider!
4luvandlife said…
Thanks Andy! I was glad he kept at it. Now hopefully he can get over his first impression of mountain bike racing. He told me he wants to do another one. Hopefully the bugs die down for that one :)
Andrew Forsberg said…
We'll have to get out on at least one more ride here this year before the winter closes in!
Liz Mays said…
Love how he fought through it, and how a scratch would be like a badge of honor!

Popular posts from this blog

nowhere but up from here

lake in the sky