the bike ride

I have often heard people say they ride bikes for the feeling of freedom it gives them. I believe there is a great combination of simplicity, self-sufficiency, and fun in the bike ride. The bike ride can be many different things. It can be the six year old riding down the street with a new found feeling of limitless range of mobility. I remember that feeling. I thought I could now go anywhere and do anything in a world filled with experiences and life. The world got bigger and smaller at the same time on a bike.

The bike ride can also put the self up for observation. What experiences are within me? What can I do? How far can I go? How fast can I get there? How much beauty can I see as the light comes up over the morning horizon?

The bike ride can be many different things.

Comments

Anti-Supermom said…
This completely makes me think of Henry, now and then.
4luvandlife said…
yeah, riding with him this Spring takes me back to that feeling.

Popular posts from this blog

nowhere but up from here

First blood

Mother's Day revenge