Paradigm shift


Endurance. It never appealed to me. My mind was closed to it. The glory was for Michael Johnson in the 200 meter and all the other sprint guys. I can't remember the name of the guy that won gold in the 15,000 meter or whatever. As you can see I can't even name the event. I remember Johnson's SHOES more than the guy that ran the long distance. My 7th grade track coach insisted I was a long distance runner. He refused to see the blazing speed I possessed in the 100 meter (at least in my head). That was the only year I went out for track.

That was then. This is now. I've had a paradigm shift. I now see the beauty in making the ride play out to the most efficient way possible. Build the ride to last but make sure there is nothing left in you at the end. My wife will remind me on the way to a race to "leave it on the course". I love that. I am still in search for the balance of giving it all but not too much too soon. That is one of my favorite things about it though, that search.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

nowhere but up from here

First blood

Mother's Day revenge